How to decorate a living room wall? If you were asking about the best way to decorate the living room, we are now about to find out the answer to this question! Also, we are going to give the answer to these questions, how to decorate a living room wall with vaulted ceilings? How to decorate living room wall hangings? And how to decorate a living room wall with mirrors? We hope you will find the inspiration that you are searching for in this article.
How to decorate a living room wall?
Before decorating the walls of the living room you must take into your account that the living room belongs to you and to your home. Decorating the walls of this room must be in harmony with the rest of the house and depends on your taste. So, do not choose the decoration that will make the others amazed! Choose the ones that make you and your family happy and comfortable, and believe me those who will come to visit you will be as happy as you are with your choice.
General rules about how to decorate a living room wall
Decor walls are always striking. Before decorating the walls take a look at these simple rules.
- In a small room, the decor should be as minimalistic as possible. As a finish, painting, monophonic wallpaper or wallpaper with a very fine ornamental print is suitable. If you are going to hang pictures or photos, they should be medium in size and there should not be too many of them.
- An empty wall in a spacious living room can be decorated with wallpaper or a large picture with a landscape or abstraction. If you have an empty wall in a small room, it is better to place on it a few small pictures, or a clock.
- Decorating a spacious living room can be an exciting process. On the walls, you can place moldings, tapestries, paintings, photographs, unusual bookshelves, mirrors, lamps or pots with room colors. Everything depends only on the style in which you wish to design your living room. However, no matter what option you choose, the decor in a spacious room is necessary to make it comfortable and it did not look fuzzy.
- Pay attention to the color scheme of the walls – in small rooms, it is better to keep to light pastel colors. Bright colors are best avoided in the finish, but they will perfectly fit as bright accents.
- In a small living room, try to use more glossy surfaces in the decor. These can be ordinary mirrors, wall lamps or reproductions of paintings and photographs under glass. Such solutions will allow you to visually expand the space, making your room look much lighter and more spacious.
How to decorate a living room wall with vaulted ceilings?
In some cases, the vaulted ceilings open the space in the small rooms making the living room appear bigger. In other scenarios, the vaulted ceiling can contribute to a feeling of the cold and cavernous environment. To deal with the first, look for options that accentuate the height of the roof. You can choose the color of the walls in the same color as the ceiling. Use only simple decoration like a mirror or a large poster.
And for the other case, to add coziness and define the space, consider installing wooden boards in the vaulted ceiling. Then you can use more of wall decoration and the best one will be having a fireplace on the wall and on the shelf, you can place whatever you want of decorating items including a large TV screen.
How to decorate a living room wall with hangings?
Photographs are a great way to decorate the walls in your living room. Bright photo frames or an unusual arrangement of the images themselves. Photos always make the room much cozier. Even if you have simple white walls and simple design – hang out children’s and family photos with pleasant moments of your life, they will become a highlight of the interior.
Decorations from metal can also be placed on the walls. In shops, it is easy to find framed, lighter metal structures, abstract shapes, metal flowerpots, framing for mirrors, clocks, and hooks for clothes. You can arrange these options in both classical and modern interiors.
If you have a design in the country style, you can decorate the walls with dry tree branches in frames. This will look very stylish and unusual, will allow you to feel yourself a part of nature and enjoy an eco-friendly design even in a city apartment.
Tapestry is especially stylish can look exactly above the sofa – they will create an extra coziness; make the atmosphere of the room truly homely, lived and original. In the fashionable eclectic style, the decorating with fabrics is now popular; you can hang one on the wall like a curtain or pull a beautiful fabric over the frames and hang such images instead of pictures. Such options can look very bright, original and interesting.
If you have a high-tech atmosphere, the best thing in this interior will be an abstract painting and all sorts of metal decorations. Golden and silvery surfaces are now in fashion, they are suitable for large and small living rooms. In addition, abstract patterns and metal will look equally good with both wooden and other furniture.
Although classical interiors tend to minimalism, it is very important that they also have decorative accents. This can help elegant white molding and wall lamps in the form of candelabra.
How to decorate a living room wall behind the sofa
If you have a living room in the modern style, you can decorate the wall behind the sofa with decorative world maps, ceramic dishes or wooden masks – this will look very interesting and unusual.
How to decorate a living room wall with mirrors?
Decorating the living room walls with mirrors is an amazing idea to use in both small and large rooms. Use them as one large framed mirror, or as many small and large sizes on one wall. Anyway, the mirrors are the best answer to our main question in this article which is how to decorate a living room wall? We hope that we have given you the help you need.